Annapolis, MD – Larry Hogan has been refusing to release his answers to the National Rifle Association (NRA) questionnaire that earned him his A-minus NRA rating, so the Maryland Democratic Party is releasing them for him.
“We don’t need to see Governor Hogan’s answers to the NRA questionnaire,” said Maryland Democratic Party Chair Kathleen Matthews. “His enthusiasm for gun ownership over violence prevention is evident from his statements over the years and record of opposing common sense gun safety laws.”
The release comes as students in Maryland participate in the #NationalSchoolWalkouttoday to demand action to prevent gun violence on the anniversary of the Columbine shooting. Maryland students are also planning to hold Hogan accountable for his ties to the NRA and his weak record on keeping Marylanders safe from gun violence is years.
Remember the 2014 @NRA questionnaire that @GovLarryHogan has been keeping secret for years? Well here are his (likely) answers. #MDpolitics #MDgov 1/3 pic.twitter.com/WjzxgO7Pd7
— MD Democratic Party (@mddems) April 20, 2018
Just last month, hours after the tragic shooting at Great Mills High school, Hogan cynically attempted to attack Democrats in an effort to divert attention from his record of opposition to gun safety measures and his refusal to release his answers to a National Rifle Association questionnaire thatearned him his A-minus NRA rating, an NRA endorsement, and thousands in campaign money.
If the 2018 legislative session was any indication, Hogan will keep attempting to shape-shift on guns, so let’s set the record straight:
- Larry Hogan refused to release his answers to the NRA questionnaire that earned him an A-minus NRA rating.
- Larry Hogan was caught making secret promises to gun advocates
- Larry Hogan has been described as a “gun enthusiast.”
- Larry Hogan opposed the assault weapons ban passed by Democrats in 2013 following the Sandy Hook shooting, which he said “didn’t make a lot of sense” and “went too far.”
- Larry Hogan promised to “roll back” gun laws.
- Larry Hogan promised to “make it easier” to buy guns
- Larry Hogan opposed and ridiculed as “silly” Democrats’ efforts to prevent individuals on the terrorist watch list from buying guns.
- Larry Hogan accepts $4,000 in campaign donations from the NRA
- Hogan attempted to appoint an extremist gun advocate to the Handgun Permit Review Board.
- Larry Hogan opposed Democratic legislation to ban guns on college campuses.
- Larry Hogan opposed Democratic legislation to prevent convicted domestic abusers from owning guns.
- Larry Hogan dismissed a Democratic proposals to ban bump stocks and prevent dangerous individuals from receiving a concealed carry permit, saying, “I don’t think anyone in the history of our state has ever been killed by a bump stock” and “neither one of them is very serious.”