Annapolis, Md. – Governor Larry Hogan is off to Trump’s golf resort in Miami this week to meet with fellow conservative governors, including Scott Walker and Rick Scott, for a Republican Governors Association conference.
“Instead of standing up to Trumpcare or signing the Democrats’ earned sick leave legislation, Governor Larry Hogan is skipping out of town this week to one of Trump’s swanky golf resorts in Florida,” said Maryland Democratic Party spokesperson Bryan Lesswing. “We look forward to seeing whether Governor Hogan plans to stand up for Marylanders or enrich the Trump brand by staying at one of his golf resorts.”
Given the threat that the Trump administration poses to Maryland, Hogan has an opportunity to discuss the following issues with his colleagues at Trump’s golf resort:
- Trump’s proposal to eliminate the state and local tax deduction, which would mean a tax hike for nearly half of all Maryland taxpayers
- Trumpcare’s threat to Marylanders’ health care coverage, as well as higher rates and significant budget issues for the state
- Trumpcare’s threat to Maryland’s economy, including some of the state’s top employers in the health care industry
- Trump’s threat to Marylanders’ jobs, including his recent proposal to slash NIH’s budget by 20%
- Trump’s threat to cut funding for Metro and the Purple line