The American Jobs Plan will Help Build Back Better
MARYLAND — Wednesday, March 31st, President Biden will announce his infrastructure legislation, the American Jobs Plan in Philadelphia today. The $2 trillion plan would transform our current and future infrastructure, create millions of good-paying union jobs, and fundamentally improve life for Americans. It would be the largest investment in America since the construction of highways and the space race and includes:
- $621 billion for transportation and transportation infrastructure.
- $174 billion to encourage electrical vehicles and make federal vehicles electric.
- $100 billion for high-speed broadband.
- $100 billion to upgrade the U.S. power infrastructure.
- $213 billion to build more than two million affordable and sustainable homes.
- $111 billion for safer drinking water.
- $137 billion for public schools, community colleges, and child-care facilities.
- $100 billion for workforce development.
- $400 billion for expanding access to quality, affordable home- or community-based care for aging relatives and people with disabilities.
- $18 billion for the modernization of Veterans Affairs hospitals and clinics.
If passed alongside President Biden’s Made in America corporate tax plan, also announced today, the infrastructure plan would be fully paid for within the next 15 years and reduce deficits in the years after. All without raising taxes on those earning $400,000 a year or less.
“President Biden’s American Jobs Plan is one of the most significant pieces of legislation proposed in the last century. It’s a massive investment in our infrastructure, our climate, and our communities,” said Maryland Democratic Party Chair Yvette Lewis. “Marylanders noticed when every single Congressional Republican — including Rep. Andy Harris — voted against the American Rescue Plan. I sincerely hope this time Republicans can set aside their obstructionist impulses and join with President Biden and Congressional Democrats in delivering real infrastructure improvements for the American people.”
You can find the full details of the plan here.