UPDATE: Mail-in ballots for the 7th Congressional District special general election on April 28 were mistakenly printed with instructions to put two stamps on your envelope. These instructions are incorrect: all postage on your mail-in ballots are pre-paid, and do not require additional postage. Please read this Baltimore Sun article for more information.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, Maryland’s 7th Congressional District special general election on Tuesday, April 28, 2020 will now be held by mail-in ballot with limited in-person voting for those who are unable to vote by mail. In-person voting locations may be found at this link.
The Democratic nominee for the special general election is Kweisi Mfume and we must support him.
All registered voters in Maryland’s 7th Congressional District will receive a mail-in ballot in the mail. Please double check your voter registration to ensure that your address is correctly listed. If you are not yet registered to vote, you must register by Friday, April 24, 2020. If you have moved and need to change your address, you must also do so by Friday, April 24, 2020. If you register to vote or change your address between April 22 and April 24, your ballot will be delivered electronically through email instead of through mail. Ballots that are delivered electronically will require your own postage. Unlike ballots mailed through the postal system, emailed ballots DO NOT have prepaid postage.
Please don’t forget to sign the outside of your envelope. Your ballot must be postmarked on or before April 28, 2020.
If you have not received your mail-in ballot by April 20, please contact your Local Board of Elections using the following information. If you have a problem contacting your Local Board of Elections, you may also reach out to the State Board of Elections:
- Baltimore City Board of Elections: 410-396-5550 / [email protected]
- Baltimore County Board of Elections: 410-887-5700 / [email protected]ov
- Howard County Board of Elections: 410-313-5820 / [email protected]
- State Board of Elections: 410-269-2840 / [email protected]
Here’s what you need to know:
Checking your voter registration
- To check your voter registration, and make sure your address is up to date, use the Maryland State Board of Elections Online Voter Lookup tool
- If you are not registered to vote, click here to learn how to register to vote
Deadlines to register to vote and/or update your address
- Friday, April 24, 2020
Maryland’s 7th Congressional District Special General Election Day
- Tuesday, April 28, 2020
- Mail-in ballot only
- Voted ballots must be postmarked on or before April 28, 2020
Voter Protection Hotline
- [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- Visit our FAQ page by clicking here
Have more questions? Then visit the Maryland State Board of Elections website for more information. Check back often for updates– this is a fluid situation and changes may occur.