The Maryland State Board of Elections (BOE) will automatically mail a mail-in ballot application to the address that they have on file for you. You may also request a mail-in ballot online. All ballot applications must be received by October 20. To reduce the spread of coronavirus, we strongly recommend that voters who can vote by mail request a ballot and vote by mail.
If you need to register to vote or update your current address, you must do so by October 13. Or you may exercise your right to “same day” register and vote during the early voting period and on election day.
If you are unable to vote by mail, you may vote in-person early or on election day at your designated polling location in your jurisdiction. Early voting will be available from October 26 through November 2 from 7 am – 8 pm. Election Day voting will be available on November 3 from 7 am – 8 pm.
Your mail-in ballot must be postmarked by Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Drop off locations will be available throughout the state. You may mail your ballot, drop it off at a designated drop off location, or drop it off at your local Board of Elections.
Please use this handy list of resources to ensure that you can continue to exercise your right to vote:
- To request your mail-in ballot, text VBM to 77788 or visit this link.
- If you need to register to vote, click here.
- To check your voter registration, text CHECK to 77788 or visit this link.
- If you are registered to vote and need to check that your address is up to date, click here.
- If you want to learn more information about the November 3 election, click here.
- To find your Early Voting Centers, click here.
- To find your Election Day Voting Centers, click here.
- To find your Drop Box Location, click here.
- For FAQs, click here.