2022 Coordinated Campaign:
The Maryland Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign is seeking an experienced Operations Director for the 2022 general election cycle. The Operations Director is responsible for managing the operations and logistics of a robust coordinated campaign. The Operations Director will report directly to the Coordinated Campaign Director. Travel will be necessary, when safe and appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Coordinated Campaign Director to monitor and manage the campaign budget and create a sustainable statewide system to streamline the statewide processes;
- Manage all operations and logistics on the campaign, working closely with various departments to ensure their needs are met;
- Support hiring and onboarding new coordinated campaign staff, as needed;
- Assist in identifying offices, executing leases, setting up utilities, and other necessary tasks;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully relate to activists, elected officials, volunteers, and voters from a wide range of backgrounds;
- At least two campaign cycle experience with previous operations experience is preferred;
- Strong organizational skills, management abilities, attention to detail, and responsiveness;
- Must be able to work independently and in team settings;
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours as needed including weekends;
- Creative thinking and a “can-do” attitude for problem-solving;
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, reliable access to a car, and a laptop;
- Ability to lift/carry boxes of literature and campaign materials, including up and down stairs
As a condition of employment, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
This position will begin in August 2022 and will terminate at the end of the 2022 election season in November 2022. The monthly salary for this exempt position is $6,000.00, in addition to a full benefits package.
How to Apply:
The Maryland Democratic Party is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse Party, our policy extends to both staff and consultants. The Maryland Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.