The Maryland Democratic Party (MDP) is hiring a Regional Organizer for Western Maryland for the 2024 campaign cycle. The Regional Organizer will execute the MDP’s direct voter contact program in their assigned region, including recruiting, training, and managing volunteers. They will also be responsible for collecting and reporting data on voter engagement. RO’s will work closely with Democratic Central Committees and Democratic Clubs within their region on all aspects of their organizing activities to foster engagement. This position reports directly to the MDP’s Organizing Director.
• Identify, recruit, train, and supervise volunteers.
• Coordinate and participate in direct voter contact programs such as canvassing door to door, phonebanking, and voter registration.
• Collect, log, and analyze data from direct voter contact efforts.
• Incorporate local Central Committees and Democratic Clubs and Organizations into the Maryland Democratic Party’s statewide efforts.
• Represent the Maryland Democratic Party at community events and meetings as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to communicate effectively with activists, elected leaders, volunteers, and voters from a wide range of backgrounds to help grow MDP’s volunteer capacity.
• Ability to provide a positive volunteer experience while maximizing campaign efficiency and output.
• Willingness to work irregular hours as needed, including Saturday and Sunday.
• Creative thinking and a “can-do” attitude for problem solving.
• Previous community ties to your assigned region, preferred.
• Working knowledge of VAN, OpenVPB, MiniVan, and Google Suites, preferred.
• A valid driver’s license and reliable access to transportation.
• At least 1 cycle of experience on electoral or issue campaigns in organizing, preferred.
• Traveling throughout the state will be require.
• The ability to lift and carry campaign materials and items, including up and down stairs if necessary.
• As a condition of employment, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
This is a full-time, non-exempt hourly position, at a rate of $15/hr. An attractive benefits package includes medical/dental/vision benefits, earned paid vacation and personal time, as well as 14 days paid holiday time. Mileage reimbursement will also be provided for required travel.
The Maryland Democratic Party is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse Party, our policy extends to both staff and consultants. The Maryland Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Thank you for your interest!