The Maryland Democratic Party is hiring regional organizing directors. Regional organizing directors will supervise direct voter contact programs in their assigned regions, including recruiting and training volunteers, as well as collecting and analyzing data on voter engagement. RODs will work closely with County Central Committees in their region on all aspects of their organizing activities. RODs must be locally based, and currently living in the region they are applying for.
- Identify and relationship building with local stakeholders
- Identify, recruit, train, and supervise volunteer and intern teams
- Coordinate and participate in direct voter contact programs such as canvassing, phone banking, and hot-spot voter registration
- Collect, log, and analyze data from direct voter contact
- Represent the Maryland Democratic Party at community events and meetings
- Incorporate local Central Committees and stakeholder organizations into the Maryland Democratic Party’s statewide efforts
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with activists, elected leaders, volunteers, and voters from a wide range of backgrounds
- Commitment to confidentiality. In this role, you’ll have a window into movement and organizational politics — and confidentiality is critical
- A robust racial justice analysis and equity lens, especially with respect to the questions and assumptions that inform data management and decision-making
- Familiarity with voter targeting, identification, persuasion, and Get Out The Vote efforts, as well as propensity, turnout, and persuasion modeling
- Familiarity with NGP-VAN required, Catalist and Targetsmart helpful, but not required
- Creative thinking and a “can-do” attitude for problem-solving
- Experience training others to effectively use tools and understand data
- A proven track record of efficiency and speed — you’re comfortable moving quickly and have worked that way in the past
Not required, but is a plus:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with remote team members
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to [email protected].
The Maryland Democratic Party is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse Party, our policy extends to both staff and consultants. The Maryland Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.