2022 Coordinated Campaign:
The Maryland Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign is hiring Field Organizers (FOs) for the 2022 general election cycle. Field Organizers are responsible for identifying, training, and managing volunteer teams engaging in direct voter contact in addition to collecting and reporting data on voter engagement. The chosen candidates will be responsible for meeting goals and delivering the margin of victory in their region and will directly report to their Regional Organizing Director.
- Identifying, recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers;
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly DVC goals are met and exceeded;
- Coordinating and participating in direct voter contact programs to motivate and mobilize voters in key regions including canvassing door to door, phone banking and voter registration;
- Collecting and analyzing data from direct voter contact efforts with detailed, regular reporting of regional activities and program results;
- Representing the Maryland Democratic Party and the campaign at community events and meetings, as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully relate to voters and volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds;
- Must be able to work independently and in team settings;
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours as needed including weekends;
- Creative thinking and a “can-do” attitude for problem-solving;
- Previous community ties to your assigned region preferred;
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, reliable access to a car, and a laptop;
- Previous experience in electoral or issue campaigns in organizing is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to lift/carry boxes of literature and campaign materials, including up and down stairs
As a condition of employment, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
This position will begin in August 2022 and will terminate at the end of the 2022 election season in November 2022. This position is non-exempt, at a rate of $15 per hour. It is anticipated that the employee will work 20 hours of overtime per week, for an approximate monthly payment of $4200/month, in addition to a full benefits package.
How to Apply:
The Maryland Democratic Party is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse Party, our policy extends to both staff and consultants. The Maryland Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.