The Maryland Democratic Party seeks a Digital Associate who will manage and grow all aspects of the digital program including email fundraising copywriting, social media growth, management, execution, graphic content development, video production, online advertising, website maintenance, and manage outside vendors when necessary. The Digital Associate will work closely with organizing and fundraising staff while being managed by the Communications Director. Executing strategic communications goals and raising the Maryland Democratic Party’s public profile via digital media will be the primary goal.
Digital Associate responsibilities include amplifying party messaging from the Communications Director, growing MDP’s email list, assisting in building our online fundraising program, and continuing to grow our presence on social media, as well as the ability to produce rapid-response social media content at a moment’s notice.
- Develop an overarching department digital strategy, complete with digital metrics.
- Manage all social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok while staying up-to-date on new social media opportunities and updates to various online platforms.
- Work closely with the Communications Department to track breaking news that can be amplified online.
- Write engaging and productive newsletters that update tens of thousands of Democrats across the state
- Assist Communications Director with editing and production of MDP Podcast
- Develop online fundraising and engagement goals, and email calendars.
- Execute high-performing fundraising emails under tight deadlines, mobilizing supporters to attend MDP events, and mobilization of volunteers.
- Design engaging digital and print graphics (fundraising emails, social media, rally signs, flyers, logos for MDP events, etc.)
- Maintain MDP’s website with updates needed for other departments.
- Production of digital analytics reports to optimize performance of digital programs using data-driven strategies.
- Work seamlessly with all other departments, Democratic candidates and local parties to promote MDP efforts, digitally and with print design.
- Establish and maintain an online activist base for the Party.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year experience running social or digital campaigns.
- Excellent engaging writing ability that can be demonstrated in long-form emails in different voices and translated into copy that’s usable for social media
- Proficient in Adobe Suite and Canva (Photoshop/Illustrator experience is required, After Effects, InDesign and other Adobe products is helpful).
- Experience producing engaging videos, using tv clips, stock footage/audio, producing subtitles. (Proficiency in Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere are required)
- Experience running an efficient digital advertising program.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at the same time while meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience in NGP/VAN and ActBlue is preferred
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and a few examples of graphics and videos you have produced or a link to online portfolio (preferred), and examples of writing and social copywriting that you have produced to Brandon Stoneburg, Communications Director at [email protected] with the subject line: Digital Associate.
This is a full-time position, salary is competitive and based on experience/skill set.
The Maryland Democratic Party is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, marital, veteran or economic status, or any other legally protected basis.
The Maryland Democratic Party is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. Please contact us for any accommodations needed in the hiring process.